Saturday, December 31, 2005

End of the Year Meme: 2005 redux

Did you keep your New Years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

What resolutions?

Did anyone close to you give birth?

Yes, three friends did this year! Lori had Ben in June, Kim had Emily in June, and Christa had Harrison in September.

Did anyone close to you die?

Yes. My Grandma died from pancreatic cancer on August 8th.

What countries did you visit?

Canada. More specifically, Burlington and Orangeville, Ontario, Canada.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?

Materialistically, a new car (this is a carry over from last year).

What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Staying employed?

What was your biggest failure?

Not finding a better job.

What was the best thing you bought?

Our new house.

Whose behavior merited celebration?

Matt. He has been ultra-supportive through everything that happened with my Grandma's sickness and subsequent death; and with all the bullshit going on for me at work.

Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

I can't really say who it is because I'd like to stay employed.

Where did most of your money go?

Bills.

What did you get really excited about?

Moving into our new house and the U2 concert we went to on December 9th.

What song will always remind you of 2005?

Gorrilaz - "Feel Good Inc."
Hot Hot Heat - "Middle of Nowhere"

Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder?

Sadder.

Thinner or fatter?

The same.

Richer or poorer?

Same in some ways. Our savings is somewhat depleted due to the buying of the house, but we have a house and I'm making more per hour than I did a year ago.

What do you wish you'd done more of?

Been able to pay off one of my bills so I could save more. And read more books.

What do you wish you'd done less of?

Watched less tv probably.

How will you be spending Christmas?

We spent it with our families.

Did you fall in love in 2005?

Yes, I fell in love with our second new doggy, Zak.

How many one-night stands?

Well, we have several night-stands in our new house. One in each of the bedrooms in fact!

What was your favorite TV program?

CSI. The original. Still.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

Again, can't name those people.

What was the best book you read?

The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova

What was your greatest musical discovery?

The new album by Franz Ferdinand

What did you want and get?

Our house.

What did you want and not get?

A new, or even new-used, car.

What were your favorite films of this year?

Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, March of the Penguins, & Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

What did you do on your birthday?

My parents were visiting, so we looked at some shops near Mayville and had dinner at the Nik-L-Inn.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?

Umm. Layers? As in, let's buy more cuddl duds so I don't freeze my arse off at work.

What kept you sane?

My husband.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Jon Stewart. If I wasn't and he wasn't married....

What political issue stirred you the most?

I'm not sure I paid that much attention this year. That's not true either. The county executive race in our county. Unfortunately, our guy lost. Now we wait in quiet anticipation to see what his successor will do.

Who did you miss?

My Grandma.

Who was the best new person you met?

Amy. Our H.R. Manager. She's very smart and very supportive.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:

Spend quality time with those you love.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:

"You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone

And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own


U2- "Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...