Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Exciting My Musical Ear

I seem to have good luck with finding good music to listen to during the month of November. This year is no exception. Quite happily, I've found at least three albums that are stellar:

Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
The Bravery - The Bravery
OK Go - Oh No

You can't help but feel like someone is trying real hard to make sure we don't forget the sounds of The Cars, early XTC, and Talking Heads. The Franz Ferdinand album is at the top of my playlist and gains the sort of status that Fountains of Wayne's Welcome Interstate Managers did back in 2003. The much coveted "Ohmyeffinggod! This is one of the best effing albums EVER!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...