Friday, June 24, 2005

What's Your Live 8?

With all these Live 8 concerts being set up, I thought to myself, "Julia, what kind of line-up would make you take out a loan and do whatever it takes, even risk death, to get to an all day music festival?" Here's my list (difficulty=only 8 musical acts allowed):
  • Radiohead
  • U2
  • They Might Be Giants
  • The Smiths
  • Smashing Pumpkins
  • Depeche Mode
  • Soul Coughing
  • XTC

Hey, I know a few of these groups are broken up but I can dream, right? And yes, I've heard the news about a potential Smashing Pumpkins revival.

3 comments:

Ryan said...

What, no Floyd? Even with Roger Waters rejoining the group for this one concert, and NO PINK FLOYD? Shame on you! ;-)

Zubalove said...

Hmmm...

U2
The Police
Public Enemy
Ben Folds Five
Blues Traveler
Zuba (Colorado band)
Pearl Jam
and.. ahh what the hell..
The Beatles

Anonymous said...

Good line ups, but I'd need to get the Ramones in there somehow. And Led Zep. Sorry if that last one's embarrassing. I am a child of the '70s.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...