Sunday, April 03, 2005

To what purpose, April, do you return again?

The abundance of heavy, wet snow covering the ground would lead you to believe that it was most definitely winter. But this is Western New York and naturally it is the 3rd of April. Both Matt and I had trouble driving our cars around town. I had to turn around and find an alternate route home from Wegman's since my car refused to find traction on one of the steeper hills in the city. Possibly the only thing that worries me now is that I can hear the clacking of tree branches when I take Buddy outside to do what dogs do when nature calls. The snow, over two feet in places, is in a freezing stage and sticking to the branches. The wind is holding steady at around 25 miles per hour. If the branches start falling around town, taking some power lines with them, it won't surprise me. We're hunkered in for the rest of today with some house magazines, a "fake" log in the fireplace, and a fridge full of groceries.

1 comment:

battlemaiden said...

I am utterly amazed that Rochester remains unscathed! For now. I hope.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...