Monday, March 21, 2005

The Weekend: In Arts

I'll talk hockey in my next post, but in the meantime, Matt and I had a nice weekend in Rochester. It was a bit harried at times running around, but almost everything worked out fine. We had the opportunity to get caught up with some friends we hadn't seen in awhile. Unfortunately, our schedule and some miscommunication led to not seeing a few friends, so I feel bad about that, but we'll be in town again soon!

First off, it's probably too late to get tickets, but this coming weekend is the final weekend for performances of Black Friar's "Great Expectations." We thoroughly enjoyed it, and I'm being unbiased when saying that even though two friends were in the production. City Newspaper has a short review here.

The set design, costuming, acting, and stage management (*wink* to Sue) were all stellar.

To back up a bit, both Friday and Saturday night we ended up at one of the various MacGregor's. I personally partook in Smithwick's Ale on Friday, then a 1/2 pint of Harp lager and a 1/2 pint of Saranac's Caramel Porter (surprise, surprise!) on Saturday. All were good.

The hockey games were excellent, but I'll save the details for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...