- My grandmother has stopped chemotherapy for her pancreatic cancer, even though it was successful at shrinking her tumor. The doctors give her 2-3 months if her nutritional intake doesn't improve and up to 6 months if she can start eating healthily again. I'm under orders by my parents to start looking for sheet music for "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace" to play on my violin at her funeral. We won't get into how sad this and the whole situation has made me.
- Buddy has taken to eating any edible items that we don't put on high shelves or locked away in the kitchen. This includes fish food. I think he'd crack into some canned goods we had by the door if he could figure out how. Our doggy has fish breath!
- We would like to buy a house, but we think we need to save more money. We're going to look at a house near us this Saturday anyway. Our list of dream houses that people with normal incomes could afford has grown to two. Did I mention you can buy a 5-bedroom, 1 1/2 bath house for under $70,000 here in Jamestown?
- My iPod went on the fritz, so I sent it back to Apple to be repaired. Thank god for warranties and protection plans!
- At the pleading of one of my numerous pregnant friends (must be something in the water), I'm taking a water aerobics class twice a week at the local community college with said friend. Don't call it "old lady exercise" until you try it yourself!
- The concert for the civic orchestra I'm in had to be moved to April due to all the Thursday rehearsals we've had to cancel due to cruddy weather. This Thursday night's weather looks to be no better, so we'll see what happens there. I'm secretly hoping the concert will get canceled. As much as I love playing in an orchestra with a higher skill level, I'm not so enthralled with the way my weeks have become jam-packed with "to do" stuff after I get home from work. It's not very cool when you have to "schedule" time so you get to spend time with your husband.
Wednesday, March 09, 2005
It's audit week at work and crazy the rest of the time, so blogging is not a priority. However, I still wanted to post something, so here's a recaplet list:
We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clift...
In light of this week's Presidential election, here's an update on why the Electoral College is awful. Watch the original video afte...