Sunday, February 27, 2005

Shoop! Shoop! Di-li-li-li-li-li

Anyone who went to an Rochester Amerks game in the 1980s will remember "Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils Band as one of the theme songs for the team. The last time I heard it at an Amerk's game was when they played at HSBC Arena in Buffalo this past November. It was their "opener" song as the players skated onto the ice. A fuzzy memory seems to suggest that it might have been the song played when they scored a goal in the past. While the song has the essence of cheddar, it still makes me grin to remember going to games with my dad as a kid and him singing along, but urging the team on by saying "Shoot! Shoot! Di-li-li-li-li-li!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...