Thursday, December 23, 2004

Julia's Peanut Brittle

Since I've talked about it enough in the past two posts. Here is my quick and easy recipe for peanut brittle. No candy thermometer required!

Julia’s Peanut Brittle

1 cup sugar
2 cups unsalted peanuts
½ cut corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp butter
1 tsp baking soda

Put corn syrup in 1-qt microwave safe bowl, lightly mix in sugar. Microwave for 3 minutes. Mix in peanuts using wooden spoon. Microwave for 2 minutes. Stir in vanilla and butter. Microwave for 1 minute 10 seconds. Quickly mix in baking soda and pour onto greased cookie sheet. Spread out using the back of a wooden spoon. Let cool and then break into pieces. Please note that cooking times will vary by microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...