Monday, November 15, 2004

Quick Update

The quick update is that I can officially say that my Grandmother has pancreatic cancer, which is what we believe her father had when he died. My Grandma always hoped that when it was her time, she'd just fall over dead of a massive heart attack like her mother, sister, and brother. Unfortunately for her and all of us, it doesn't look that way.

She was doing better yesterday when we saw her in the hospital, but we're fairly certain she's not going to have the operation/chemotherapy. What that means in terms of making her comfortable and whether she could even go home at all is unclear. I guess we'll see what happens over the next few weeks. Assuming nothing happens in the next three days, I'm going up to Buffalo by myself on Wednesday after work to visit her. It's hard to see her in pain and not feeling well, but I'd rather see her as much as I can now since we all know her time is a lot more limited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia: Sorry to hear about yr Grandmother. I only met her once, at your wedding, but she seemed like a very nice lady. My thoughts are with you and yours.

- Kevin (buffalo)

Matthew said...

God Julia, I just happened to be adding links back into my blog and saw things. I'm so sad and thinking of all of you. From time to time I've been wondering how she was doing.

I don't know what else to say. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and her.

- Matt

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...