Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Another Update On Grandma

My Grandmother opted for the surgery for the pancreatic cancer. Since the operation is on Thursday, Matt, me, and my parents are traveling into Buffalo tomorrow night after work to see her. Just in case. The surgery has a high mortality rate, so part of me (and Matt) wonders if she's going for the surgery as a quick way to avoid further pain. We really don't know. On the other hand, she finally signed release papers so that my Dad and my cousin, Valerie, can find out information (legally) on how she's doing from her doctor.

Before I head off for work, I want to say thanks to everyone that's commented, emailed, or called me to let me know you're keeping my Grandma and family in your thoughts. That means a lot to me. We're hoping she pulls through and can get back to some semblance of life for a little while, but I can't say I'm very optimistic right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...