Tuesday, September 28, 2004

Choosing What Matters In the Long Run... With A Twist

Over the past two days, I've found out that I'm going to miss out on a chance to work with the press for when Vice-Presidential candidate John Edwards comes to Chautauqua Institution. I'm a little bummed about it since it would have been a great experience in many ways, but I know that attending a life-long friend's wedding is more important. A short post, yes, but I don't think I need to say anymore.

Addendum:

My mom surprised the heck out of me. Well, not really, but I guess I was a little surprised. I will be the media volunteer person for the Edwards visit afterall. Basically it came down to the fact that this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, there's a slight chance I might get paid (which is important when you consider my financial situation), and the fact that my friend and her family know what it's like to be looking for a job and then having something temporary come up that you can't turn down.

So I will have no life from now until next Tuesday. I'm headed back to the Institution this morning, with return home uncertain. I'll try to do some blog updates over the next few days because I'm sure there will be a lot of interesting things to tell you all about.

1 comment:

battlemaiden said...

Wow! Yay, Mom! Guess this means we won't see you on Saturday at the bridge ribbon cutting. :( Anyway, what a fantastic opportunity! I can't wait to hear all about it. Especially the part where you tell me John Edwards is way hotter in person than on tv.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...