Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Six Degrees of Weinstein

I just learned that my parents went to SUNY University of Buffalo at the same time as movie mogul Harvey Weinstein. In fact, my dad happened to observe on of the 1969 riots mentioned in the commencement speech. He says that he and some of his friends decided to watch a protest going on somewhere on the campus. They realized that things had turned ugly when canisters of tear gas buzzed overhead. My dad ran one way and his friends the other. He was lucky but his friends were downwind of the gas and felt the effects of it. Trust my dad, the politics-hating-don't-trust-the-government guy that he is, to just watch a protest and not activily participate in one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...