Thursday, June 10, 2004

But Will It Help Him Sell More Albums?

Morrissey's comment about Reagan's death has resulted in a backlash from some people in the U.S.

Leah asked in comments on my previous post about my thoughts on the whole puppet concept. It's simple really. I don't think George W. Bush is capable of being a good president and that most of what's happened over the past four years has been orchestrated by Dick Cheney and Karl Rove. Bush is not worth the effort to spend time backing that up, but I am comforted in the fact in knowing I'm not alone in that sentiment.

Morrissey's lastest album, You Are The Quarry, is experiencing the highest chart position for any of his albums, including albums recorded with The Smiths. I'll be curious to see whether his latest controversial remark will have any effect, positive or negative, on album sales.

And a post-script: NPR did a review of You Are The Quarry on All Things Considered on June 7th. The review link also has a link at the bottom for a past story on the music of The Smiths in Ukrainian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...