Thursday, May 13, 2004

As Opposed to Trying to Earn A Toaster Oven..

I don't want a toaster.
Furnulum pani nolo.
"I don't want a toaster."
Generally, things (like this quiz) tend to tick you
off. You have contemplated doing grievous
bodily harm to door-to-door salesmen.


Which Weird Latin Phrase Are You?
brought to you by Quizilla

Maybe this is the root of my problems. I didn't want a toaster to begin with, much less try to earn one through conversion! By the way, does anyone know the origins of how "earning a toaster oven" came about? I can guess it's based on the idea that once you sell enough in some businesses, cars for instance, that you win a prize. But the saying is so universal that I wonder who started it all.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Trust my fiance to know that. Who's the gay person in this relationship, huh?

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...