Monday, March 29, 2004

Sunny, Sweet Days

These past couple days of gorgeous, sunny, warm weather have spoiled me. Our area is now faced with weather in the low 50s and rain for the rest of the week. Give or take a few degrees. The weekend rundown:

Friday: I ran various errands including stoping at Chautauqua Works to fill out some job-search forms, dropping off a copy of The Darkness cd to our friend Kevin, and made a phone call to the future general manager of a low-power FM station to offer my volunteer services. We also finally saw Starsky & Hutch. The best part was the scene where Ben Stiller does his "Do it. Do it" lines. Otherwise, it pretty much sucked. I know many of our friends liked it, but it just wasn't my bag.

Saturday: Slept in. Washed dishes. Washed clothes. That about sums it up.

Sunday: Since we went to bed at the super early hour of 11:30pm, I woke up at 7:30am, showered at 8am and then bugged Matt to get up around 9am. We drove all the way to the bustling town of Portville to eat a hearty brunch at Sprague's Maple Farms. I had the "sugar on snow waffle" which is a belgian waffle covered with maple whipped cream with a light dusting of maple candy pieces. Very sweet but a nice treat. We walked around the grounds so our stomachs could settle before heading back to Jamestown. I decided that I had to tackle some of the weeds in our flower beds around the house. The roots on these mother's were rediculously large! I didn't even get to the bottom of one and even broke the shovel I was using. I dread when these weeds start sprouting again. After that heavy labor, I had a quick shower and then collapsed on the couch to watch tv the rest of the evening.

Monday: Matt continued doing laundry and bought me some coffee from Tim Horton's. I showered and took off for Home Depot to buy a new shovel, a little rake, and two bags of cedar mulch. After a much needed trip to Wegman's to stock up on groceries, I came home to attack the flower beds again. Satisfied that I was able to spread the mulch enough to protect the beds until the final frost, I had a cold non-alcoholic beverage, put on a mix cd, and folded some laundry. I sat on the front steps for awhile, surveying my handiwork, and enjoying the warm weather. Later on I met up with our friend, Lynda, at a local restaurant to hear some live jazz and ate too much food.

That's the run down. It was a good couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Away, Away

We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clift...