Monday, February 02, 2004

What Would Willie Nelson Do?

Okay. Best Super Bowl ad EVER. Who would have thought it would be for H&R Block? Why is this the best? Well, it has to do with a little inside joke Matt and his brother, Glenn, came up with a few years ago. This back when all those darn "What Would Jesus Do" bracelets/necklaces/rolling papers/etc were quite popular. I'm not sure who came up with the idea, but it ran along the lines of "What Would Willie Nelson Do? Smoke Hashish!" It was the same answer everytime, "Smoke Hashish!" So thus a commercial where someone asks a Willie Nelson doll what they should do became a hysterical moment for me and caused me to want to shout "USA! USA!" It's all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...