Tuesday, January 20, 2004

Tick Tock

I can't sleep.

I blame the half a bottle of diet Coke with lime while doing chores around the house and talking on the phone with a couple of people. Caffiene too late at night seems to have an ill effect on me at times. Wait. That should be a good thing. Unfortunately, tonight wasn't a night where I needed some all-night-juice. I think I'm also a little worked up over the fact that my aunt is coming for dinner and staying overnight tomorrow (today) night. I confirmed this at 9pm earlier tonight, so a quick cleaning frenzy ensued. Fortunately, the house wasn't in that bad of shape. I just needed to wash some bedding and vacuum some floors. It's all good.

Side note: I must get some Tanqueray and more diet Coke with Lime, because I have a sneaky suspicion that a mix of the two might create my new favourite beverage.

So I become a part-time employee this week. I broke out of my funk from a post or two earlier and made some much needed phone calls and visits to some of my contacts. I have my fingers crossed on one position. The salary alone was reason enough to apply. There are other interesting aspects too. We'll see how it goes. Otherwise, I will be working two and half days less a week and essentially still have the same job responsibilities. We'll see how fast that gets old. I'm truly doubting I will be able to get everything done that needs to be done. It will be interesting.

I am remarking to myself the almost sudden departure I've taken in not talking about work. I've refrained in the past, and I will continue not to speak directly to a lot of what I do and go through in the daily working world. But since what's going on now has so much impact, it's difficult not to at least mention it from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...