Thursday, January 22, 2004

Shaken, Not Stirred

I had a serious shaking-fist-at-the-sky moment just a little bit ago. I was reading some of the news sites I peruse throughout the day when my eye caught an article about musical group, Pink Martini. At first I thought it was a review of a new bar in Rochester, but read on to find out this group is playing with the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra tomorrow night and Saturday. The review piqued my interest and then I listened to some sound clips on Amazon.com. This is when the fist-shaking began. I almost audibly uttered, "Why? Why must I live so far away! It just sounds so cool!" Then I calmed down and decided to add Pink Martini's cd Sympathique to my wishlist as an alternative to suddenly dragging Matt to Rochester with me on Saturday to see this group. I imagine when he reads this he will be thanking me for keeping my head somewhat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...