Saturday, October 18, 2003

What Is Punk?

Matt and I got into a little disagreement last night while we were at Applebee's. The theme music for the night was a mix of alternative and modern rock songs. Matt kept insisting it was punk night. I tried to convince him to no avail that The Verve, Morrissey, R.E.M., and Cake were not punk. I think I attracted a little attention to our table since the sound level of my voice almost reached yelling. Lesson to be learned. Don't try to challenge me on types of music. It only infuriates me if I'm right and you won't listen to me.

Post Script on that:

Punk Bands
Alternative Rock Review

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...