Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Competing Seasons

The wind that's bursting through the area has created an interesting landscape. Last weekend we had our peak for leaf colour as far as I'm concerned. There are still trees that have yet to turn, but the majority of foliage has gone Autumnal. With the wind whipping away those leaves, it's a landscape of four seasons. The scraggily, naked trees all tucked in for winter. The trees with hints of green like buds of spring. The trees that hold fast to their glorious green of summertime and the trees that shine with bright oranges and yellows of Autumn. Depending on where you look you could be fooled into what time of year it really is. Then the wind hits you with a blast of cold and rain, reminding you that it really is October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...