Tuesday, September 30, 2003

A Quick Change of Plans

Had you told me on Friday night that in 24 hours I would be in Cleveland, hanging out with Heidi, Kevin, Beth, and people's I would have thought you daft. But of course, that's what happened.

Around 1pm on Saturday I got the "bug." It's the kind of thing where I know I can get out of the house, need to get out of the house, and just go. Anywhere. I convinced Matt that this was a good idea and while tossing around suggestions like Rochester, Cleveland, anywherebuthere, until we finally settled on Cleveland. I reserved a room online while Matt showered, I packed and showered, he packed, and we left. I was pushing for Cleveland the whole time actually since I was hoping we could see Heidi & Kevin. Knowing, of course, that they've been busy, had company, and had no idea that we had embarked on a 2 1/2 drive out their way. For the run down of the conversation between Heidi and me when we got closer to Cleveland read Heidi's post on her blog. I should note that I was trying to be very, "I know you're busy, but if you're available.. we don't want to impose etcetcetc." I don't know if that came across!

But it was a good time. It was nice to see everyone again on this last "free" weekend before elections imprisons Matt and me at headquarters, making phone bank calls, and whatnot. I had the most delicious omelette on Sunday at The Falls Restaurant in Olmstead Falls(?). I'm a little shaky on location names since I've been away from the Cleveland area for over six years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...