Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Lobbing a Ball for Charity

Tonight is the fourth annual City-County Softball Game for Charity and the trash talking has hit an all time high. What I mean is that it has increased over past years, not that it's very friendly. Heh. Of course I'm not playing seeing as how I want our team to win. Our players are a pretty rabid bunch. I've never seen anyone take something fun so seriously. But the event is a cool one since it will benefit projects or groups related to our county's youth. That's a pretty good thing. Last year we had about 300 people attend the game. We're hoping for the same or more this year. Kudos to Matt for putting a lot of work into this game to get it off the ground. He really does the bulk of the work getting the whole thing organized. And if you're in the Jamestown area, stop by Russell E. Diethrick park around 5pm (when gates open). The tickets are only $5 and they include our "friendly" competition followed by a picnic dinner provided by Quality markets. Good Game. Good People. Good Food. Good Cause. Good Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...