Monday, August 18, 2003

Getting Away From It

Matt and I were able to get out of town for a day and a half to Erie, Pennsylvania. Now Erie may not be the first place that pops into mind when you're thinking of escapes, but I'm slowly finding out that it's actually a decent small city. There were a couple things that made it nice this weekend.

1. Celebrate Erie was taking place
2. The beautiful bed and breakfast we stayed at: The Spencer House
3. The awesome dinner we had at Papermoon (Matt and I both had the Thai Basil Chicken)
4. And the sun breaking through while we lay on the beach at Presque Isle

I told Matt we'd have to go back since I still haven't been to the Erie Zoo, Art Gallery, or a variety of other places that seem to be hidden away. The trip also included shopping at Target and ended with me gobbling down a hot Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut. Praise the sweets gods for opening a franchise on Peach Street!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...