Monday, July 07, 2003

A Banana and Walnuts

Matt and I are going to incorporate some traditions into our wedding like the oczepiny ceremony:

The removal of the bridal veil, known as the oczepiny ceremony, is another traditional element of a Polish wedding day. The bride's veil will be removed as she enters the reception hall, signifying the end of her maidenhood and her transition to a married woman. A funny hat will be placed on the groom's head, representing the wish that the marriage will be full of happiness and laughter.

My mom and dad have pictures from their wedding of this ceremony. My grandmother will be making the groom's hat and my mom commented, "She made your dad's hat when we got married. You'd be surprised what she can do with a banana and walnuts."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...