Monday, May 19, 2003

There Goes The Last DJ

I occasionally troll the news sites for the latest bits on blogs or the media industry. The Washington Post had a great article about the effects of deregulation in the radio industry. It addresses several issues currently before FCC Chairman Michael Powell. I keep dreaming there will be a time when the whole conglomeration collapses and the radio industry has a shot at rebirth in terms more owners, thus the chance for more diversity and local flavor on the airwaves. I'm not sure I'll ever see that day but we can hope.

Also, Wired News provides a story about a couple bloggers trying to turn a humiliating episode for one Canadian kid into a positive thing. Perhaps we all should take a cue from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...