Monday, March 24, 2003

The Makings of a Potential Sci-Fi Geek


I had so much potential to become a sci-fi geek when I was a kid. Example: I was so obsessed with The Tomorrow People that I refused to sign up for a swimming club as a kid because the group met at the same time as The Tomorrow People (6pm on Nickleodeon). Naturally I was into the 1970s version. I heard about a new version of the show being made in the 1990's, but never saw it. I also had this thing for Dr. Who but darnit if I can't remember much else other than his scarf and the thing that looked like an old-fashioned elevator (the Tartis I believe). Many years later I finally devoured all of Douglas Adams' books in the Hitchhiker series along with the Dirk Gently books. I have a few friends that are surprised that I never got into Star Trek. Tough breaks I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...