Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Anti-VD Day

I hate the term, but many people refer to Valentine's Day (and Mother's/Father's Day) as "Hallmark Holidays". Having an Aunt who manages most of the Hallmark stores in Western New York, I tend to take slight offense to someone dissing the very thing that keeps my Aunt employed, but that's besides the point. I've always loved greeting cards. I can spend hours in a Hallmark store, looking at all the cards, making "Aww" noises over the love-themed cards. Last night I spent way too much time giggling over the humor-themed cards for Valentine's Day. So for all of you that are dreading this upcoming holiday where we're expected to be even more loving than we usually are, here are some Anti-Valentine's for you to send. I'm wondering how many I'll get of the bottom-righthand corner postcard.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...