Wednesday, February 26, 2003

25 or 6 to 4

While on the half-hour drive to work, I fantasized about going back to when I was a little kid. Say, around age 5 or 6. Except the twist would be that I would be 5 or 6 with the knowledge of my 26 year old self. Blame watching chunks of Never Been Kissed last night. I don't dream about being back in high school. Not that it was that bad, but I was never very fond of homework. Besides that, I had way too many extracurricular things going on from violin lessons, piano lessons, Girl Scout meetings, to Church Youth Group meetings. Add ski club during the winter months and our high school radio station, WIRQ, in later years and I had a lot of stuff going on. Kindergarten and first grade were much easier. Math hadn't become my nemesis yet. Reading seemed natural. My classmates hadn't decided that those who liked to read and had an interest in school should be picked on. And Michael Jackson was still one cool dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...