Wednesday, November 20, 2002

You're Naked Inside Your Fear...

If I ever wondered why I liked the Goo Goo Dolls, last night's concert in Erie, PA made it abundantly clear. I had bought the tickets for the show for Matt's birthday, thinking that it would be cool to see the Goo's finally. I had read in the Buffalo News about their performances and how much they rocked. It was no lie! I knew it would be a good night no matter what since Lisa Loeb was the opener. Jenny would be very pleased to know that Lisa had a stuffed Hello Kitty on a stool on the stage throughout her acoustic performance.

But back to the Goo Goo Dolls, they opened with one of my favourite songs, "Naked." Instant happiness! I knew just about every song they played including some more "obscure" AKA songs off albums before A Boy Named Goo. John Rzeznik had a real rapport with the crowd. He had a familiar personality, was down to earth, and he generally just made me smile. There were several moments of sing-a-longs (like in the beginning of "Broadway") and general moments of silliness (John borrowing a fan's cell phone and calling one of the people on the saved list). And of course they rocked out like this is exactly what they lived for each and every day. It was great to see that.

Only sour notes came during Lisa Loeb's set. The people behind us (and around us) were incredibaly rude, chatting, shouting, drinking too much. I was very happy to see most of them move somewhere else before the Goo Goo Dolls came on. As was Matt.

Here's a link for a review of last night's concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...