Wednesday, November 06, 2002


Ugh.. What a Let Down

Well.. I can't say too many races went the way we hoped last night. There's only small comfort in our candidate, Alan Hevesi, getting elected as New York State's new Comptroller. From what I understand, he can be a real weasel. That's life. The other small comfort is that Carl McCall beat Tom Golisano, so that means the Democrats retain their representation in Boards of Elections across the state.

On the national side: my only comfort is that Louise Slaughter, my former House representative in Rochester, won a new term in her new "earmuff" district. Thank god for something! For the latest on that (as of this hour). Check out CNN.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...