Thursday, March 21, 2002


What happened to mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful??

Spring would be one of the only poems by E.E. Cummings that I really got. And yes, those are capital “E”’s. My senior project in AP English my senior year in high school was on the esteemed Cummings and several of his biographies emphasized the fact that other people lower-cased his name. Not E.E. himself. I like the fact that I know that. Of course, don’t ask me much else about him. My memory isn’t that good.

Anyway! There’s a lot a of snow blowing around outside. The first day of Spring started out pretty innocently with 40 degree weather and sunshine. Now we’re expecting up to a foot of snow is some places. If you read this blog regularly, you’ll know that a lot of snow is not unusual in this area of New York State. God love the Lake Effect Snow! Schools in North County have already closed or are canceling activities. I normally could care less, but this weather is putting a damper (or should I say freeze?) on my weekend travel plans. Matt still doesn’t know exactly where I’m taking him, but he now knows it’s somewhere near Canada since I asked him if he had any Canadian money left. Our destination route will take us straight through all this willy-nilly stuff. Wish us luck and safe driving!

Name that Song

Kudos to Heidi for getting it right. She successfully remembered the title to the song I mentioned two days ago “I’ve Seen All Good People” by Yes. When she wrote that in the guestbook, I went “Oh. Duh!” Time to polish my music memory skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...