Tuesday, March 05, 2002


No Blood For You!

I attempted to donate blood today here at work. My iron levels were only at 35% and you need to be at 38% to donate. Oh well. Not the first time that’s happened. I was almost tempted to tell them to take my phone number off their list so I wouldn’t have to put up with harassing phone calls telling me how important it is for me to donate and blah blah blah. I almost walked out of the waiting area this morning just because the man signing in people was an annoying twit. I don’t appreciate being patronized on top of being harassed into coming down to donate in the first place.

Ghost World

I rented Ghost World last night. Good movie. Of course Steve Buscemi was in it. I say “of course” because Steve is one of those guys whose answering machine message says, “Hi, you’ve reached Steve Buscemi. I’m not here, but yes, I will take the part. Send me the script and I can be ready on moment’s notice. I’ll appear in anything. Etc.” Rent this movie if only for the scenes with the red neck guy. He’s the one without a shirt and has a mullet. I fell over laughing at this character. As for the other characters, high school wasn’t really like this for me but I definitely understand the feeling of not knowing where you fit in sometimes.

The Caribbean Side of Rochester

I had a strange dream last night. I frequently dream of Rochester, NY, but it’s usually some varied form of it that doesn’t actually exist in waking life. Last night I dreamt I was hanging out with Shep. We were in his neighborhood, which was located in the Caribbean part of Rochester. As far as I know, there’s no such place. There are Hispanic parts of the city, and former-Polish/Italian/Irish parts of the city, but no part that’s specifically Caribbean. On top of that, Shep had this blonde, mullet, white-fro thing going on. If you go to his site today (Tuesday, March 5, 2002), there’s a picture that proves he has no such hair-do. I think watching Ghost World made me dream about mullets. Strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...