Tuesday, March 19, 2002


Don’t Surround Yourself With Yourself

..Move on back two squares.. Hello. I’ve been pondering that line from that song by Yes. I can’t think of the name off the top of my head. Don’t surround yourself with yourself. Does that mean you shouldn’t be so self-centered that all you have is yourself? Does it mean you should surround yourself with all kinds of people, with all kinds of personalities so that you don’t have yourself around you as much as you have the world?

Jingle Jangle

Matt, Richard, and I went to the St. Patrick’s day celebration here in Jamestown on Saturday. It wasn’t bad. Not as crowded as last year since the high school was still in the midst of performing Phantom. Ah well. I ran into Gary Peters, a local artist, and we struck up a conversation on local commercials. It went along the lines that there are some commercials that you never forget because they have that catchy jingle or tag line. For example: the Bush Furniture Outlet has this tagline where the manager, Cindy, squeals “Five Shelves Lee!” to the main announcer. Even when they’re not advertising shelves, this tagline is in every commercial. You’d miss it if it wasn’t. Well, this conversation culminated in the singing of every jingle we could think of. I’m glad we were standing away from Gary’s group of friends since it could have been slightly embarrassing to be caught singing the jingle for Remnant City (“Aisles and Aisles! Of Beautiful Styles!”) or the one for Goldfish (“They’re made with real cheese, even though they look like fishies!). Cheap entertainment I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...