Tuesday, February 05, 2002


Don’t Let the Sun Deceive You

It’s a sunny, bright day outside. There’s a few clouds in the sky and seems like it will just be a bright, cold day. How deceiving it is. We’re supposed to get more snow late this afternoon and evening. This will be accompanied by wind. I don’t plan on going up to Buffalo for Jack’s wake any more due to this impending line of storms.

No Sleep for Dreaming

I didn’t sleep well last night. Well, I was sleeping well until about 5AM. This is when Matt’s snoring really kicked in. It’s loud and never-ending. That’s all I can say. I get terribly frustrated with it and no matter how many times I give him a good shove, it doesn’t seem to matter. I told him he had to sleep in the guest bedroom tonight so I could get at least one night of good rest. He asked me why I couldn’t sleep in there and I told him, “It’s your bed in there. My bed is in our bedroom. You can go sleep in the guest bedroom since you’re the one that snores.” Am I being too harsh?

Duets

On an impulse, I asked one of my co-workers if she would like to do a duet sometime. One of the ladies in the Legislative offices plays bass and saxophone. It’s getting close to a year since I last played violin. She said she had some music that might work. I think it would be fun. Plus, I’ve gotten to know her well enough that I think I would be comfortable. We talked about giving lessons and taking lessons. I’m still against the idea of taking on any students. I know there’s only one day I could even teach if I so desired. We’ll see how this venture goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...