Wednesday, January 23, 2002


You Are a Big, Big Star..

Listening to Poole’s Alaska Days last night reminded me of Spring. It made me remember that feeling of great confidence that comes with Spring, better weather, falling in love, or feeling free again. The confidence is something I associate more with Rochester and more so with what I was like in my earlier 20’s and late teens. The confidence of walking around head held high and that saunter of a woman who knows who she is and what she wants. It’s quite a great feeling. Before I was besieged by worries, I remember walking into Java Joe’s (or Java’s) with that super-smile and air of lightness as I ordered my coffee. Fingers waggling a hello at everyone I knew. Feeling super-sexy (even if I was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt), and probably being more of an extrovert than I can believe now. It’s knowing what you want, knowing you can get it if you try, and simply feeling magnificent about the world and your life. I shouldn’t say I don’t still get that feeling but it’s not quite the same around here.

Road Trip

Matt and I will be making a journey to Rochester this weekend. There’s quite a few people I haven’t had a chance to see my other trips there. In fact, I haven’t been home since Thanksgiving. We will be well traveled over the next few weeks. Another trip to Rochester is in the works for February (Mardi Gras!) and then a trip to Cleveland the weekend after that. We still need to work on a trip to Washington D.C. or Chuck and Lori will disown us.

My favourite offer for a trip destination is Raleigh, N.C. Matt B.’s brother, Glenn, said we could stop by and see him if we were ever in the area. All I can say to that is “U.S.A.!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...