Sunday, January 06, 2002

Ice.. Ice.. Bab.. um. no.

I couldn't resist with the title, but decided to go the good route. Anyway, I found a site that gives a webcam view of the construction of our new ice arena. The camera is set on top of the former Jamestown Funiture Mart on the corner of Washington Street and 2nd Street. The building in the lower righthand corner is Shawbucks Bar & Grille. An ok place. The dark spaces on the building are where walls still need to be put up. I'm afraid this is going to be one big box. Meaning, when you drive by it on Third Street all you will see is a stone wall. Rochester, NY has been accused of similar architectural faults. An article on that appeared more than several years ago in the Democrat & Chronicle. The only bit I remember is how when people walk downtown, they are greeted by faceless buildings that seem to say "we don't want you looking in.. and we don't want to look out." Something like that. Huge tangent. But go look at how the arena is coming along. This is probably one of the most exciting things to be happening in Jamestown in a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...