Friday, October 26, 2001


The Weather Report

National Weather Service:
INCLUDING THE CITY OF...JAMESTOWN
1014 AM EDT FRI OCT 26 2001

...LAKE EFFECT SNOW ADVISORY THIS AFTERNOON...
...WIND ADVISORY THROUGH THIS AFTERNOON...

.THIS AFTERNOON...WINDY WITH PERIODS OF LAKE EFFECT RAIN AND SNOW.
RAIN WILL OCCUR NEAR LAKE ERIE. HIGHER ELEVATIONS INLAND COULD SEE 4
INCHES OF WET SNOW BY EVENING. HIGHS IN THE LOWER 40S. SOUTHWEST 20
TO 30 MPH WITH A FEW GUSTS OVER 45 MPH.
.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY AND BLUSTERY WITH MORE LAKE EFFECT RAIN AND
SNOW SHOWERS. ANOTHER COUPLE OF INCHES LIKELY. LOWS ABOUT 35.
NORTHWEST WINDS 20 TO 30 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 90 PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...CLOUDS AND SUNNY BREAKS WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS.

Ok.. that's just plain wrong. Of course I can't deny it since I can't see any bare ground outside. It's still snowing too. Something about snow covering the ground before Halloween just has me in a mood. Honestly, it's not a bad mood (for once!). It just makes me want to curl up even more so under an afghan. I should keep a rolling count of how many times I've said that on here. Can you tell I haven't been getting my fill of comfort time?

After I dropped off the face of my blog for a few days, I figured I should write something. Nevermind the fact that I've dropped off the face of the planet for most of my friends. At least some of them (like Sean) know to just read the blog to get an idea of what I'm doing in my life.

Plows

I'm watching this truck with a plow attached to it push snow around the parking lot. Unfortunately, it's pushing snow right against the rows of cars so when these people come out to leave, they'll probably have a tough go at it. Of course this has happened due to other cars parking where they shouldn't, therefore, leaving no place to put the snow that's been plowed. Hm.

Dreams

I dreamt I was running for City Council At-Large. I was sitting on steps to a house thinking about how weird that was that I was running for an office. In real life, I'm just helping everyone and their sister run for office.

I also dreamt that I won the lottery. $27 million worth! I didn't want to tell anyone and didn't seem overly excited about this fact. I did reflect in the dream that it was nice to have that much money coming to me. In real life, I'd be happy to win the lottery if only to have financial security for when I get older. Not that I wouldn't like to win the lottery, but there does seem to be a lot of baggage to winning large sums of money. That's not including all the physical baggage that comes from buying stuff you don't need just because you have the money to do it.

Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

Ok.. if I didn't spell it right, don't sue me. I'm a big HP fan, but not that huge! I'm starting to get excited about the Harry Potter movie that's coming out next month. My schedule is currently wide-open, so I have big plans to go to Erie, PA if need be to see this film. I should also mention that I dreamt last night about Harry Potter. No you doof.. not like that! It was more like seeing parts of the movie and comparing them with the book. It was strange. I think the dream-movie focused more on Harry's life before Hogwart's and it was very dark. Meaning, the scenes were dark in light. The mood was not necessarily very dark, but more somber. Strange. I really need to get more sleep.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...