Tuesday, October 30, 2001


Memories and Music

Listening to Tori Amos' "Pretty Good Year" this morning led me on this tangent thought of how I associate certain pieces of music with people or places. It always feels like it should be raining when "Pretty Good Year" is on. I think this is connected to me sitting in the lounge/office area of WIRQ one morning or afternoon while it was raining outside.. listening to this song. Then there are the songs connected to people. I really can't look at Tori Amos' "Little Earthquakes" without thinking of Sean. And before you get all crinkly-eyed at that, it has mostly to do with me discovering Tori Amos at the same time we became friends. I listened to that album a lot then. It was a comfort thing.

I also can't hear "Learning To Fly" by Tom Petty without the scene of driving over a small bridge on a sunny September 1, 1991 flashing in my head. Such a brief moment in time, but cemented there. Why don't you comment on the songs that make you relive moments in your life.. almost as if you have no control. Some of my friends have said I may live in the past too much. I hold onto memories so tightly.

Headache, Sinus headache, or Migraine?

I'm experimenting with medication right now. I have trouble discerning between what is a sinus headache and a regular headache lately. My head just hurts. I tried some sinus stuff earlier, no beans. I'm waiting to see what Advil will do. I wonder if I'm getting migraines and not realizing it. The ladies in Law told me I would know, but I can be pretty resilient to pain (in terms of being productive under pain). Right now, a dark room, one of those cool gel eye masks (the kind you wear, not the kind that comes in a tube and you rub on your face), and sleep would feel good. Ah.. it's only four and a half more hours in this County Work day (not counting 3 hours of phone banks tonight).

Trolls

Trolls is a new term I'm trying out for people that run around making unsubstantiated accussations about other people. It also applies to people who are ignorant. Maybe I'm getting a bit broad. All I know is that "troll" is a term I would use to describe someone who doesn't feel I'm doing a good job on this election. I've had a bit of time to think about things going on and realized it's not worth my time to stress too much. I know I'm getting my job done and will be able to back myself up about it. I'm more on a mission to make someone eat my dirt at the moment. Not a very pleasant thought, especially considering I'm not a terribly competitive person, but it's a situation I won't let lie. Alright, now that I've had my moment of bitching, I'm going back to work and a meeting now. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...