Thursday, September 06, 2001


Snoogins

Matt and I just got back a little while ago from seeing Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back in Warren, PA. It boggles my mind that we can got to Warren (much smaller than Jamestown) to see a new movie, but can't see it in any theatre here in Chautauqua County!! Well.. we could have gone to the new Drive-In, but it wasn't open tonight. But this is all besides the point.

This movie kicked ass! Now I know there's gotta be someone that reads this that now has a lower opinion of me, but that person probably hasn't watched all of Kevin Smith's movies. I have. In fact, I was lucky enough while I was dorming it at Buffalo State to see Clerks, Mallrats, and Chasing Amy on repeat for a week on the college movie channel. What heaven. I don't know if I should cringe when I think of how much I related to Alyssa in Chasing Amy after I saw that movie. At the same time, there was some momentous stuff that went on right after I saw that movie, but I won't say much else in order to protect the innocent (well.. not-so-innocent after that movie!!). But anyway, Matt and I got a kick out of the fact that Jay and Silent Bob.. basically is half-based on one of the comic books about them (go to a comic book store if you don't believe me), but also really based on the preceding four movies by Kevin Smith, but also in a weird roundabout way based on American pop culture which is based on.. ok, you get the point. Maybe we're getting too intellectual about it, but it certainly was a nice break from all the political stuff going on in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...