Thursday, September 06, 2001


I'm a Sim

I created a Sim version of myself last night. Matt had bought the game and somehow got me to create a character (and house). Well, just like me.. my sim character will sit and read forever. Matt said he never saw a sim character sit that long before! I seem to have trouble keeping up my comfort and energy levels, but that's ok. I also think it's funny that the one person in the neighborhood I've met and become friends with is Matt's version of himself (as a sim). Funny, eh? Kind of what happened when I moved to Jamestown. Matt was my first friend (unless you count my wacky next-door neighbor Jen who I avoided sometimes just because she was too happy for words!)

First Day of School

All the kiddies are back in school. I would cheer about that if it weren't for the fact that my mom is a teacher. She's going into this school year rather apprehensively. I think this will be the last school year she teaches full-time. It will be subbing from here on out (no lesson plans or annoying parents!!). It's the parents who are doing her in. I vow never to be like any of the meddling, annoying, mentally-unstable, half-witted, downright nasty parents she has to deal with if I ever have kids. It's like all the people that hated school growing up now have kids and while they want their kids to get a good education, they don't think they should have to work for it. Blows my mind. And people wonder why I switched from being a music education major to broadcasting.

'K. That's enough bitching from me for a year. I really need to be more positive. I find that it makes the people around me like me more *grins* So happy daisy day to y'all!

*waves*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...