Tuesday, July 24, 2001

You Let Me Change Lanes...

I song I had totally forgot about has reared its head in a Mercedes-Benz commercial. Geggy Tah's "Whoever You Are" was one of my favourite songs my sophomore year in college. I even saw them in concert at the War Memorial in Rochester (before it became the Blue Cross/Blue Shield Arena). They opened for Rusted Root. That was one of the best concerts I've ever been too. Mostly because I had just come off a very bad break up and really needed to just have fun and break loose. A couple weeks later I met the guy I thought I was going to marry. We're just great friends now *grins* It's funny how life takes different turns.

The heat is still with us here in Chautauqua County. We're supposed to get some thunderstorms tonight, which will make things a lot better. I just was not prepared for the heat. On another happy note, my parents will be swinging by Mayville tomorrow afternoon to have lunch with me on their way back from Cleveland. It's the first time they've been in Cleveland since I transferred from B-W to Buffalo State. I think I'm going to take them to this family-owned diner in Dewittville. It's one of those places that has a husband and wife name (like "George and Marsha's Diner"). Cute, eh?

Incidentally, I got the blog address for the woman who had her blog mentioned in USA Weekend (and is friends with one of my friends). Go check it out at l+j+c=funny girl. I actually ordered one of the "Mysterious Bunny Poster" mugs. It was too cute for words, plus it has a Rochester connection, AND the proceeds go to a good cause. I plan to use this mug as often as possible at work. Just to make people wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...