Wednesday, July 25, 2001

"Tooooodddddddd... why you punish me????"

That would be Heidi and my version of "Time" by Hootie & The Blowfish. It's what we interpreted the song as soon after I found out this guy I was dating was apparently dating 4 other girls and lied to me about it. It wasn't a serious relationship but I was still irritated by the fact he lied to me. So this Hootie song comes on the radio (probably the former WMAX) and Heidi and I both have that realization that the words can be twisted slightly. *heh* I heard this song as I pulled out of the Wal-Mart parking lot tonight. What a splash from the past. It actually made me smile.

I have a cool job. Really. Tonight I got to go to the annual American Red Cross dinner for the local chapter. I don't cook, so it was nice to have someone else cook for me and I didn't have to pay a cent (other than my time and attention). This weekend I have to help set up for a fundraiser for my boss. Senator Hillary Clinton is coming to town for this one. It will be the first time I see her since I stopped being a reporter.

I had a nice visit with my parents today. They stopped for lunch. It was strange seeing them at my workplace. Mostly because not many of my friends or family has come down to Chautauqua to visit. Mostly for convenience reasons, but I still pout about it. My mom brought me two pillows she made me for our couch. They're really cool! My mom rocks! She also brought me back cinnamon pastries from Dick's Bakery in Berea, OH. I love Dicks! *heh* That comes from a girl (Linda) that was at B-W with me. Apparently she was raving about Dick's bakery goods in the Conservatory one morning and loudly announced "I love Dick's!" as a professor walked by. Out of context it just sounds wrong. Well, they do have good pastries. I fondly remember going there in between classes to get hot cocoa or coffee and one of their fattening, sweet pastries.\

But the visit was great. I don't know when I'll get to see mom and dad next, so I'm glad they made a detour in their trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...