Thursday, November 10, 2016

[UPDATED VERSION!] The Trouble With The Electoral College

In light of this week's Presidential election, here's an update on why the Electoral College is awful. Watch the original video after this short update:


[UPDATE] The YouTuber went back and did ANOTHER update to correct himself on some issues. It's also worth watching especially because one part of it reminded me of the awful governing situation we have in New York State that is referred to as "3 men in a room."

1 comment:

Maurice said...

I just finished gathering the results of presidential elections since 1932 that I'd like to share with you and Matt.

What if the EC were:
-- virtual, without actual electors;
-- to allot "votes" proportionally by each state, and
-- to require a simple plurality rather than a majority?

This virtual EC would still provide and interesting framework yet be perfectly objective and, according to my number crunching, never yield to a loser winning the presidency.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...