Friday, February 19, 2016

Book Duels

I'm having a stare-off with a pile of unread books on my coffee table while some e-books wink at me from the Kindle app on my phone.

We're more than halfway through February and I've completed just 2%, or 5 books behind, of my 2016 Reading Challenge on GoodReads.

I lowered my goal for this year to 45 from last year's ambitious goal of 50 books. I was 3 books shy of meeting my goal once December 31st rolled around, so I thought I'd be slightly more realistic about how 2016 would go. Honestly, that's still a pretty crazy goal given that I hadn't come anywhere near reading that many books for many years. There were some years where if I read 5 books, that was a lot. I'm at a point where I have one or two books that have been waiting for years to be read. I know at least one of them was on the coffee table when I wrote this post

If you're on GoodReads and want to link up or just see what I've been reading or want to read, you can find me here.

1 comment:

battlemaiden said...

I feel your pain. Knit? Read? Read? Knit? Not enough time! I'm STILL reading The Goldfinch, which I think I started last summer. Pitiful.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...