Monday, February 03, 2014

Gamers & Math Geeks: A Couple Links

The Super Bowl may be over but the football season can live on through games like Madden NFL. One guy made it his mission to break the game. It's hilarious not just because of how lopsided it is but in how much it mirrored the actual Super Bowl this year.

***

Finding love in the 21st Century no longer simply involves hitting the bar or coffee shop scene. There are mind-bending assortment of online dating sites that are as general as can be to targeting specific subsets of the population like farmers or those of Jewish descent. I personally know of at least two couples who made successful matches online that led to marriage and children. This story is about a mathematician who hacked OK Cupid to find true love.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...