Sunday, March 13, 2011

Elliptical Playlists

Back in January, I discovered that I actually like using the elliptical or arc trainer for exercise. I think part of it has to do with the fact that I'm in a lot better shape than the first time I tried to use an elliptical some years ago. It also helps that I now have an iPod with thousands of songs and dozens of playlists to help make the time go by and motivate me.

The first playlist I made, called "Elliptical Delusions," had a lot of pop stuff on it and I used it pretty regularly until this last week. A sampling of the music includes:
Stars - Fixed
Lady Gaga- Teeth
Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name
Metric - Help I'm Alive
P!nk - Raise Your Glass
Basement Jaxx - Rendez-Vu
Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock - It Takes Two
The Temper Trap - Sweet Disposition
Fergie - Fergalicious
Daft Punk - Technologic

The latest playlist, named "Elliptical Confusions," has less songs (first one had 3.4 hours of music) and comes in at 1.6 hours of music. I'll probably have to switch music out more frequently, but I found a lot of stuff I wanted to listen to just wasn't coming up.  Here are some of the songs on the list:
Kelly Clarkson - All I Ever Wanted
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult - Daisy Chain For Satan
Faith No More - Midlife Crisis
New Order - Vanishing Point
MNDR - Fade To Black
The Go! Team - Grip Like A Vice
Metallica - Of Wolf And Man
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Suck My Kiss
ABBA - Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)

I've read a bit about how music can motivate you and I find it definitely is true for me. I think this is a big part of why I like Zumba. On that front, no plans to teach right now. Taking the certification class was a good experience, but finding time to get additional training is rather rough right now given that it's my busy season at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...