Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009 - In Review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? My new job. There was a lot of stuff in it that was totally new to me.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Not a fan of making resolutions

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? We had several friends who had babies and a couple more that conceived this year but won't give birth until 2010.

4. Did anyone close to you die? My Great-Aunt Margie died somewhat unexpectedly this past July. She had gone in for surgery but I guess I didn't consider that she wouldn't make it out. She's been missed over these holidays.

5. What countries did you visit? Once again, I stayed stateside.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A plan for where I will take myself next. More free time.

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- March 19th: Morrissey at SUNY UB.
- July 4th weekend: Spending time with friends but losing my Aunt
- July 25-26: John Hughes Party in Pontiac. One crazy road trip so we could have an awesome time with out of town friends and friends from Jamestown.
- Any date that we went to a wedding. There were 7 of them.
- September 6th: my first Labor Day Festival that I helped organize
- September through November 21st: The preparation and performances of "The Producers"
- Thanksgiving Week: Managing to see a large group of friends from high school for the first time in years plus squeaking in visits with other friends

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Getting better at paring back where I needed to in order to maintain sanity.

9. What was your biggest failure? Still not saying no enough.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No flu or serious injuries of my own.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Lady GaGa - The Fame

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Matt still gets high marks.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Some behavior by people I had to interact with because of my job.

14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and car related stuff

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Playing in the pit orchestra for "The Producers." It was so much fun!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? Probably anything by Lady GaGa

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? I think there's a chance I'm sadder than last year at this time but overall I would say I'm probably happier.
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner by a good 7 pounds at least. 20 pounds lost over 2 years!!
c) richer or poorer? I think richer since we've been better about saving money.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? I still wish I had read more even though I was better about picking up a book here and there during the middle of the year.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? It goes along with 18 somewhat, but I almost wish I read fewer blogs and actually blogged more.

20. How did you spend Christmas? We went to Cheektowaga for Christmas Eve dinner with my family, Midnight Mass at St. John Adalberts, left Christmas morning to come back to Jamestown for Christmas day with Matt's parents.

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I stayed in love.

22. What was your favorite TV program? Paranormal State, Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations, and Tabatha's Salon Take Over

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. I'm not big on hate because it wastes so much energy. There are people who disappoint me, but I don't hate them.

4. What did you want and get? I needed a job in order to avoid being laid off and I got one.

25. What did you want and not get? That sense that I'm on the right track.

26. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I worked and later went to Forte for drinks with some friends. I turned 33.

27. Who did you miss? I missed seeing some friends but in an odd way I missed Matt because we were so busy during the week and then with plenty of stuff on the weekends we actually didn't get a lot of time to just sit back and say, "Hey, how you doing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...