Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Everything Pumpkin Flavored

Last year, friends and friends of friends started a Facebook page dedicated to "Everything Pumpkin Flavored."

I didn't realize how crazy I was about pumpkin stuff until I joined that group.

Pumpkins rock!

I don't know if it's the spice used in most recipes, the texture, or the taste of pumpkins but I have this thing for pumpkin flavored stuff. Well, unless it's the pumpkin flavoring at Tim Horton's. That's the epitome of all things nasty when it comes to pumpkins.

Pumpkin Spice Lattes became a reason why I found myself stepping into Four-.. I mean StarBucks. Pumpkin Spice Lattes made with real pumpkin were the happy reason I rushed to Labyrinth Press Company last year. Pumpkin milkshakes at McDonald's had whole groups of people I knew frantically dashing off messages to each other of where these milkshakes could be found and if they were sold out. I even called a friend who worked in the McDonald's office to query WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO THE PUMPKIN MILKSHAKES?! Yes, capitalization was used.

Obsess much? I'm not much of a cook, as stated infinite times before, but I do bake. The whole pumpkin craze ended just before Thanksgiving for me last year when Buddy decided to take a big bite out of a cooling pumpkin pie I had baked. He was still guilty looking the next day.

Of course this is a new year and there are new pumpkin flavored delicacies to find. I just hope I can keep the waistline as trim as it's been in my quest.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I've been reading along but never commented but I thought I would write to warn you. I don't want to alarm you but did you hear there is a canned pumpkin shortage this year? I hope this doesn't mean that less places will be carrying pumpkin items because that might ruin my fall!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...