Monday, February 09, 2009

New Job!

Friday, I was offered and accepted a new job. This was a great relief to me since I was facing elimination due to lack of funding in my current position. Plus, it's a job I think I can have fun in and will be a great deal more stable than anything I've done in recent history. Getting any job in our current economic climate is a blessing, so that makes me even more grateful.

Another benefit is that while I won't be working in the same office space, I'll be working within the same organization as many of my current cohorts in crime. I probably will even be attending some of the same community meetings I go to now for my job. Funny how things work.

The new job starts February 23rd. My online life might be a mite quieter than as of late. I've been told that work has been piling up on my future desk since there hasn't been a person officially in that job since the beginning of the year. Either way, I'm looking forward to the challenges I know I will encounter.

6 comments:

Ian Eastman, M.A. said...

Congratulations, Julia. Glad to hear it's all working out!

Pamela said...

hooray for you!

Luis Baars said...

Congratulations Julia, that's great news!

Although you're a bit spotty on the details. You said "cohorts in crime" so I can only assume that you have joined an international crime syndicate based out of Jamestown, NY. Am I right?

Mr. Nighttime said...

Hey, that's great news! Congrats. Hopefully, I'll be able to say the same thing too.

Anonymous said...

Wheee! Congrats! :)

Tara Lamont said...

I've been thinking of you often concerning vocation - so happy to see they are working out. Cheers on the new adventure!

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...