Skip to main content

New Job!

Friday, I was offered and accepted a new job. This was a great relief to me since I was facing elimination due to lack of funding in my current position. Plus, it's a job I think I can have fun in and will be a great deal more stable than anything I've done in recent history. Getting any job in our current economic climate is a blessing, so that makes me even more grateful.

Another benefit is that while I won't be working in the same office space, I'll be working within the same organization as many of my current cohorts in crime. I probably will even be attending some of the same community meetings I go to now for my job. Funny how things work.

The new job starts February 23rd. My online life might be a mite quieter than as of late. I've been told that work has been piling up on my future desk since there hasn't been a person officially in that job since the beginning of the year. Either way, I'm looking forward to the challenges I know I will encounter.

Comments

Ian said…
Congratulations, Julia. Glad to hear it's all working out!
Pamela said…
hooray for you!
Jason said…
Congrats on the new job again. I look forward to reading some blog posts about the new job :)
Luis Baars said…
Congratulations Julia, that's great news!

Although you're a bit spotty on the details. You said "cohorts in crime" so I can only assume that you have joined an international crime syndicate based out of Jamestown, NY. Am I right?
Mr. Nighttime said…
Hey, that's great news! Congrats. Hopefully, I'll be able to say the same thing too.
Wheee! Congrats! :)
Lamont said…
I've been thinking of you often concerning vocation - so happy to see they are working out. Cheers on the new adventure!

Popular posts from this blog

Away, Away

We're on a mini-vaca in an area where they're experiencing forest fires (thanks asshole arsonist). It's an area that makes Clifton Hill in Niagara Falls, Ontario look rinky dinky. Holy cow. Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg is no joke. Tomorrow we try to escape it and find some peace and nature in the (literally) Smoky Mountains.

Bloggery (a repost)

I wrote this on another site:
Perhaps I'm too old for the reveal-all-confessional type of blogging but reading claw marks lately makes me want to start blogging again to at least expand upon the thoughts I wouldn't otherwise write out in a Facebook post or vague tweet.
A couple of years ago, I took the month of February off from Facebook under the premise that the time I wasn't wasting on Facebook could be channeled into other things. I blogged quite a bit, I read a few books, got out a little, and generally tried to avoid looking at anything on there. It wasn't perfect, by far. A fair amount of friends still use Facebook to communicate about social events and general happenings, so I was out of the loop on all of that, thus defeating part of my goal to be in better touch with hanging out with them. Weird how that shit works.
Ultimately, I think I want more conversation. The introvert in me loves social media because it allows me form a complete thought and reply to wha…

[UPDATED VERSION!] The Trouble With The Electoral College

In light of this week's Presidential election, here's an update on why the Electoral College is awful. Watch the original video after this short update:


[UPDATE] The YouTuber went back and did ANOTHER update to correct himself on some issues. It's also worth watching especially because one part of it reminded me of the awful governing situation we have in New York State that is referred to as "3 men in a room."