Monday, January 12, 2009

Interviewed

Emma of Eriepressible asked if anyone would like to be interviewed recently. Since I've been blogging so consistently this year, I thought I'd bite.

Here are the questions Emma sent and my responses:

What first made you want to learn to play the violin? When I was in second grade, the string teacher at the middle school brought over some students to play for us and let us try out their instruments. I remember getting to pluck the strings on Chris Beato's violin. A year later, when we were trying instruments to see if we might want to play one in fourth grade, I was able to pick out the beginning of "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" as demonstrated the year before. I decided then that if I could do that then I should play violin. I started lessons in the Fall of 1986 and have been going steadily since.

Why did you start blogging? In late 2000/early 2001, I had come across these things called blogs. Jenny's blog was one of the first ones I followed since I knew her and we had friends in common. I also started reading Meg's first blog incarnation. I've always been an avid journal writer and the blog format seemed to be a perfect fit for my desire to talk about daily life. Plus, with the blogger platform, it was very easy to get started.

What do you like best about living in Jamestown? I like the small community. Until I married a local boy, I didn't have any family in this area, so the friends I've made have become an extended family. If I go out by myself, I usually can count on seeing a few friends out, so I'm never really alone. That can be a downfall of living here too. You're never truly alone.

What's your best childhood memory? The first thing that came to mind was when my parents took me to Disney World and Epcot in 1982. I hadn't the foggiest notion that this is where we were going when my mom got me out of bed, telling me to get dressed and help pack because we were going to see Grandma. When we pulled up to the Greater Rochester International Airport, I asked my mom what we were doing there because I couldn't imagine that we were going to fly to Buffalo to see my grandparents. That's when she whispered, "We're going to see Great Grandma in Florida!" Naturally, you didn't have to tell me, a five-year old going on six in just days, that this also meant Disney World. The trip was wonderful, and the fact that it was a surprise made it even better.

What one thing would you like to do before you die that you haven't accomplished yet? The easy answer is travel more. There are so many places I'd like to go back to (Nova Scotia, England) and places I've never seen (Europe, Japan). Financially, it's been rather difficult to go anywhere that we can't get to in a car the last few years. I've been traveling since I was in the womb, so to die before I get to some of the places on my wish list would be an aberration.

Want to be interviewed?

Follow these instructions:
  1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”
  2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
  3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
  4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
  5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

You could totally interview me. I'm game.

Makkaio said...

Alright. Here is your chance. Shoot!

Mr. Nighttime said...

Well, I've done this once before, but what the hell. Interview me.

Mr. Nighttime said...

Meme be done.

Post a Comment

Cutting to the Scene with the Pixie

Ten years ago, I decided to do one of the most drastic things I had ever done to my hair. I went from a long style (below collarbone) to a p...